Now, raise your hand if you’re always single on the holiday!
Yep, that’s me. My hand is raised really high.
I’m definitely not bitter about being alone this February 14th, as I’m very happy doing what I want when I want without question. There are some single people, however, who have mixed emotions about the holiday and would rather have someone to share it with.
No matter what your thoughts are about Valentine’s Day, these ten gifs easily sum up what its like for someone that all about the number one on February 14th…
1. T-minus 9 days until Valentine’s Day. You know what that means: 2-for-1 Domino’s all for you, baby.
2. Instead of spending the evening with someone who says they’re “actually looking for something more casual” after years of emotional labor, you get to drink a glass (or bottle) of wine with your pets, who love you unconditionally.
3. You get to shut down well-meaning friends telling you to get back on Tinder.
4. Besides, if you started dating someone now, you’d have to date them for 10 more months to make it through Christmas.
5. Walking around town in sweatpants while everyone else is out in fancy outfits, acting like they’re not cold and trying not to fight in public when all the parking garages are full: a special joy only single people get to experience.
6. You get to laugh at your coupled-up friends who are “keeping it low-key” with a three-course candlelit dinner they reserved a year and a half in advance. Yikes.
7. And pretend to be impressed as they describe some lame date involving flowers, chocolates, ice skating and promises that won’t be kept.
8. When you’re single, you don’t have to worry about someone proposing to you in public like a total psychopath.
9. Even better, no one is SINGING to you.
10. Hallmark gets it wrong. February 14 is YOUR day, you beautiful, charming, smart, sexy single person.
Juliet is the founder and executive producer/host of Celeb Secrets and Celeb Secrets Country. When not reporting on the latest news in pop culture and country music, she enjoys traveling, spending time with friends and family, and exploring the latest fashion trends.
Juliet holds a B.S. in marketing from St. John's University.