Voting is now open for this year’s Billboard Chart Achievement AwardÂ at theÂ 2016 Billboard Music Awards!
Finalists for the prestigious award include Adele, Drake, Little Big Town, Rihanna and The Weeknd.Â The editorial award will be given to an artist who has accomplished an outstanding and rare achievement on the Billboard music charts over the past year. The finalists are:
- Adele‘s albumÂ 25Â scored the largest U.S. sales week ever for an album in Nielsen Music history: 3.38 million sold in its first week.
- DrakeÂ scored his landmark 100th Billboard Hot 100 hit, a sum only four acts heave reached.
- RihannaÂ has now spent 60 total weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with her 14 No. 1s, passing the Beatles for the second-most weeks at No. 1 all time.
- Little Big Town‘s “Girl Crushâ€ set the record for most weeks at No. 1 (13) by a group (of at least three members) on Hot Country Songs.
- The WeekndÂ is now one of only 12 acts to replace himself at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 as â€œThe Hillsâ€ succeeded â€œCanâ€™t Feel My Face.â€
The Billboard Chart Achievement Award is the only fan-voted category at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards. Fans can vote for their favorite finalist in two ways:
- Visiting the voting site:Â http://www.billboardmusicawards.com/vote
- Voting on Twitter (by including the following items in a tweet):
- The finalistâ€™s name orÂ Twitter handle
- Any form of the word â€œvoteâ€ (e.g., vote, voting, voted, etc.)
- The showâ€™s hashtag: #BBMAs
Fans can vote up to 100 times a day, per platform for their favorite artist who has accomplished an outstanding and rare achievement on the Billboard music charts over the past year.
The 2016 Billboard Music Awards will broadcast LIVE from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, May 22 at 8:00 p.m. ET / 5:00 p.m. PT on ABC.