Coldplay‘s A Head Full of Dreams TourÂ set a new attendance record atÂ Mexico City’sÂ Foro Sol venue onÂ April 17, 2016Â with an attendance of 67,451.
The band’s previous appearances at the venue onÂ April 15thÂ and 16thÂ set attendance records for consecutive nights culminating in Sunday’s record breaking show.
The shows capped off a remarkable Latin American tour for Coldplay where the group sold out 10 stadiums and performed to more than half a million fans, beating attendance records at Foro Sol previously held by Pearl Jam and Los Fabulosos Cadillacs inÂ November 2015.
The full list of Coldplay’sÂ Latin AmericaÂ tour dates and attendance is as follows:
COLDPLAY /Â Latin AmericaÂ 2016
- 48,167 â€“Â March 31stÂ inÂ Buenos Aires, ArgentinaÂ â€“ Estadio Ãšnico de La Plata
- 48,902 â€“Â April 1stÂ inÂ Buenos Aires, ArgentinaÂ â€“ Estadio Ãšnico de La Plata
- 60,787 â€“Â April 3rdÂ inÂ Santiago, ChileÂ â€“ Estadio Nacional
- 43,720 â€“Â April 5thÂ inÂ Lima, PerÃº â€“ Estadio Nacional
- 46,563 â€“Â April 7thÂ in SÃ£o Paulo,Â BrazilÂ â€“Â Allianz Parque
- 59,669 â€“Â April 10thÂ inÂ Rio de Janeiro, BrazilÂ â€“ MaracanÃ£
- 41,376 â€“Â April 13thÂ in BogotÃ¡,Â ColombiaÂ â€“ Estadio El CampÃn
- 62,404 â€“Â April 15thÂ inÂ Mexico City, MexicoÂ â€“ Foro Sol
- 65,337 â€“Â April 16thÂ inÂ Mexico City, MexicoÂ â€“ Foro Sol
- 67,451 â€“Â April 17thÂ inÂ Mexico City, MexicoÂ â€“ Foro Sol
A Head Full of DreamsÂ is Coldplay’s seventh album and the follow-up to 2014’s GRAMMYÂ®-nominatedÂ Ghost Stories.
Since itsÂ December 2015Â release,Â A Head Full of DreamsÂ has reached number one on iTunes in more than 90 countries and sold over three million copies. It has also helped Coldplay to their current position as Spotify’s most-streamed band in the world.
Photo byÂ Maddie Meyer/Getty ImagesÂ